Simpsons has developed a reputation as one of Australia’s leading intellectual property and entertainment law practices. The firm and its lawyers are highly recommended and ranked amongst the large firms by the independent review publications Chambers and Legal 500.
The firm represents high-profile national and overseas clients in the private and public sectors. The firm’s focus is in intellectual property and providing our broader legal services to the media, entertainment, arts and technology sectors.
Our team is focused on delivering high quality work in a collegiate and supportive environment. We value pro-bono contributions and engagement in our clients’ industries. We enjoy excellent relationships with our clients and our work is diverse, interesting and challenging. The firm offers an excellent working environment.
Simpsons seeks a full-time junior lawyer to join its litigation team.
The team has acted in some of Australia’s most high-profile and precedent-setting cases in the entertainment, arts and IP sectors including (most recently):
- acting for Universal Music Publishing against politician Clive Palmer, in relation to Twisted Sister’s We’re Not Gonna Take It;
- defending Kobalt Music against claims of copyright infringement relating to the song Love is in the Air; and
- defending Maurice Blackburn Lawyers against various claims brought by State Street Global Advisors, regarding the iconic statue Fearless Girl.
Experience in litigious or other contentious matters is required. Intellectual property and media law experience will be highly regarded, but is not essential.
Candidates must also have 2-3 years experience in a top-tier firm, highly regarded mid-tier or specialist firm with good references.
We seek a lawyer who can demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- High levels of academic achievement and attention to detail.
- High motivation and an ability to learn fast.
- Strong drafting and research skills.
How to apply
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to Dimple Malhotra: email@example.com