Publishing is not only about putting words onto paper, particularly given cross-media opportunities and the growth of online publishing. Judicious management of rights is necessary in this complex and evolving sector.
Our publishing–related services include:
- publishing contracts
- prepublication advice (defamation, sedition and contempt)
- syndication arrangements
- acquisition, clearance and licensing of intellectual property rights
- copyright advice
- digital rights management
- trade mark registration and protection
- confidential information
- passing off and misleading and deceptive conduct
- arrangements with collecting societies
- distribution and warehousing agreements
- litigation and dispute resolution
- advising on the Google Book Search settlement
- ebook agreements
- author agreements
Please contact Adam Simpson for publishing–related matters.
“A number of other people saw in the yarn potentialities for revision, reshaping and improvement. It was condensed, boiled down, digested, redigested, reprinted, book-clubbed, synopsized, subjected to scenario treatment and ultimately blown up into a movie by Alfred Hitchcock. All that survived in the end were the title, the names of some of the characters and the copyright, which was mine.”
David Dodge – author of To Catch a Thief, taken from The Rich Man’s Guide to the Riviera, published in 1963 by Cassell Plc, a division of The Orion Publishing Group (London).