Position Available – Junior Lawyer (2-4 PQE)
Simpsons has developed a reputation as one of Australia’s leading intellectual property and entertainment law practices. The firm and its lawyers are highly recommended and ranked amongst the large firms by the independent review publications Chambers and Legal 500.
The firm represents high-profile national and overseas clients in the private and public sectors. The firm’s focus is in intellectual property and providing our broader legal services to the media, entertainment, arts and technology sectors.
Our team of 11 lawyers is focused on delivering high quality work in a collegiate and supportive environment. We value pro-bono contributions and engagement in our clients’ industries. We enjoy excellent relationships with our clients and our work is diverse, interesting and challenging. The firm offers an excellent working environment.
About the Position
This is a rare position to assist the firm’s copyright, trademark and litigation practice and working with the firm’s senior lawyers in this field Adam Simpson, Ian McDonald, Clare Young and Michelle Eadie.
We have current litigation in the Federal Court of Australia, the High Court of New Zealand and in New York for high profile clients in the entertainment and arts sectors.
We seek a lawyer who can demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills.
- High levels of academic achievement and attention to detail.
- High motivation and an ability to learn fast.
- Strong drafting and research skills and experience.
- Excellent written and oral lawyer-to-client and lawyer-to-lawyer communication skills.
In relation to legal experience, we would value:
- Over 12 months experience in a top-tier firm, highly regarded mid-tier or specialist firm with good references.
- Experience in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property and contract matters (but not essential).
Applicants please apply before 30 October 2017 to Ms. Ieva Maslianikaite by email only to email@example.com