Simpsons is one of Australia’s leading intellectual property and entertainment law practices. The firm and its lawyers are highly ranked by the independent review publications Chambers, Legal 500 and the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers.
We provide advice on intellectual property, corporate and commercial law and litigation to the entertainment, music, publishing, media, digital, arts & design, collecting institution and not-for-profit sectors. Our clients include an outstanding list of prominent Australian and international brands, corporations and individuals, as well as Federal and State Government institutions.
Our 14 lawyers provide high quality work in a small, specialist and highly collegiate setting. We value pro-bono contributions and engagement in our clients’ industries. We enjoy excellent relationships with our clients and our work is diverse, interesting and challenging. We offer an exceptional working environment.
The position principally assists Jules Munro (Director) and Amy Grondal (Senior Associate). There will also be the opportunity to work with our other senior lawyers.
You will work on a range of commercial and contentious matters for a wide array of clients typically in the creative industries, including multinational rights management and music companies, film producers and film funders, celebrities, brands, artists, digital innovators and agencies, designers, charities and not-for-profit entities and Federal and State cultural institutions.
The role will involve significant client contact, carriage of matters and close engagement with our clients and their businesses.
We seek a skilled lawyer with extensive commercial experience who can demonstrate:
- Excellent analytical and drafting
- 3-4 years (PQE) of experience, preferably in a top-tier or large Australian firm or an exemplary boutique.
- Substantial skills and experience in commercial or corporate law. Experience in media law, and intellectual property is desirable, but not essential.
- Excellent academic results. Strong results in intellectual property subjects are desirable, but not essential.
- An interest in working in a small, specialist and collegiate environment.
- An appetite to engage in and learn about the creative industries and connected fields of law and practice.
How to apply
To apply, please send a covering letter and your CV to Jo Bailey: email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept applications made through recruitment agencies.
Applications are open until advised otherwise on the News section of our website.